INA'S CHOCOLATE CHUNK BLONDIES
Ina? Who's Ina? Any of my non- Food Network Obsessed friends I'm sure will have NO idea who Ina Garten is. Well, to sum it up... She's my hero (insert heart eyes), well maybe hero is a bit of a stretch but she is one of my FAV Food Network Stars! Of her 10 (soon to be 11 cookbooks) I have a solid 8 of them and ALL of them are absolutely FABULOUS! Ina makes simple DELICIOUS. Not to mention, our love of butter is INCREDIBLY mutual. So on that note, I thought I would share with you one of her most recent recipes I made and LOVED! BLONDIES. With big chocolate chunks and a gooey centre, these bad boys are absolutely delicious, and who knows, this might be the start to your own personal love affair with Ina.. Only time will tell. So friends, here we go, Ina's Chocolate Chunk Blondies.
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
makes 12 large squares
1 cup butter (roomtemp)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cup chocolate chunks
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° C. Grease and flour 8 1/2 x 12 inch baking pan.
2. Cream butter, brown sugar and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing till fully incorporated, then add the vanilla (be sure to scrape the sides as you go).
3. In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
4. Fold in the chocolate (and walnuts if you are using them... I bypassed the walnuts but by all means feel free!).
5. Pour the combined mixture into the pan, spread till its even and pop it in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. NOTE* DO NOT OVER BAKE* These bad boys are WAY better when they are a bit undercooked so veer on that side!
6. Let the blondies cool completely in the pan before cutting it into bars. ENJOY!
P.S. Guys I am SO excited you are giving this recipe a try! Would LOVE to see how it turns out! Be sure to share you delicious doings on Instagram and tag me @dimsumdiet with all your creations!