CRISPY BAKED HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS
Okay friends, let's just state the obvious, we all LOVE a good chicken wing. That crispy skin, tender meat and sticky sauce, what's not to love? Now as much as I love hittin' up a good "Wing Wednesday" deal, these crispy oven baked honey garlic wings are INSANE! My mom raves that they are WAY better than any restaurant wing she's had, but I mean, she's also my mom... SO take that for what you will, but I'm convinced they are pretty darn delicious! Whenever I make these wings my family can't stop talking about them! I like to make a big batch and serve them with a big fresh kale salad (cause we healthy like that) or serve them with your fav beer for the perfect happy hour! I know you'll LOVE them! (Just make sure you have LOTS of napkins on hand!) Enjoy!
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40
1.5 kg fresh chicken wings
1 cup flour
2 tbs Fine sea salt
4 tbs vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbs butter
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs honey
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 tbs sriracha
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs finely chopped parsley (optional garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 500℉.
2. Spread chicken wings out on a flat tray or baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towel to remove any moisture from the chicken and season heavily with salt (all sides).
3. Once salted, place flour in a large bowl. Taking a few wings at a time gently toss in flour to coat, patting off any extra.
4. Take two medium baking sheets and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil each. Spread the floured wings out amongst both. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the bottom of the wings are golden brown and crispy then flip the wings and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until the wings are fully golden brown and crispy.
5. While the wings bake, prepare the sauce. In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and soft. Add the brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, Sriracha, ketchup and soy sauce,. Mix and bring to a simmer. Set aside.
6. Once wings are golden brown and crispy, remove from then oven and place wings in a large bowl. Pour the sauce overtop and toss to coat the wings. Top with parsley and serve!
P.S. Guys I am SO excited you are giving my recipe a try! Would LOVE to see how it turns out! Be sure to share you delicious doings on Instagram and tag me @dimsumdiet with all your creations!